When it comes to breakfast, there are plenty of healthy and delicious dishes you can make, especially if you’re cooking with eggs.
If you’re looking to spice up your breakfast routine, you can do it with a few ingredients that are likely already in your kitchen.
Using sausage, cheese, tortillas, and of course, Eggland’s Best eggs, you can create zesty and portable breakfast taquitos to eat on the go.
These delectable and portable rolls can be cooked up in minutes and are perfect for a special family breakfast or something to slip into lunch boxes before school or work.
They can also be filled with whatever you desire — though let’s be honest, it’ hard to go wrong with sausage, eggs, and cheese.
If you want to make this dish even more healthy, you can load the tortillas with veggies. If you prefer them to have a spicy kick like I do, you can add salsa or have some on the side for dipping.
Start cracking those eggs and check out the recipe below if you’re excited about whipping up something a little different in the morning. You’ll definitely want to make this dish a regular breakfast fixture!
- 5 Eggland’s Best eggs
- 5 sausage links
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt and pepper
1⁄2cups shredded cheese (cheddar, pepper Jack, or Monterey Jack)
- 5 corn tortillas
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Cook the frozen sausage links in a large skillet.
- Whisk Eggland’s Best eggs in a bowl with a splash of water, then add salt and pepper to flavor.
- Scramble in a skillet. Add spinach about two minutes before finishing.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Divide the scrambled eggs among the tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Place the sausage on top.
- Roll up and set seam-side down on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Optional: Serve with salsa for dipping.