If you love tacos as much as we do, then you’re probably excited to try new variations on the classic!
We delight in all things taco, from taco salad to these fun and flavorful taco meat loaf muffins. Honestly, if it comes with meat, cheese, and plenty of zippy spices, we’re happy campers!
That’s why we’re already downright obsessed with the latest masterpiece out of the LittleThings kitchen, the savory and spicy Taco Pocket.
It’s a super-simple take on the classic. As much as we love ordinary tacos, these have the distinct advantage of being totally self-contained. No spilling cheese or lettuce here!
Swap out the classic taco shell for a couple packages of store-bought pie crust. With just a few minutes of prep, these ingredients combine into taco pockets, a culinary masterpiece perfect for adding some pizzazz to your weeknights.
Print out the recipe card below to try this delicious and easy meal right at home!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
1⁄2lb. ground beef
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 2 pie crusts
- Egg wash
- Sour cream, to garnish
- Sauté onions in olive oil until translucent. Add beef and cook until slightly browned.
- Add beans, corn, and taco seasoning, and continue cooking until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Divide each pie crust into six rectangles for a total of 12.
- Place a dollop of filling on half of the rectangle, and top with a pinch of cheese. Place a second rectangle on top of the filling.
- Crimp the edges of the dough with a fork until you have six pastries total.
- Bake at 350 °F for 15 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.