There is nothing that comes together as a summery treat better than strawberry and rhubarb.
When it’s so hot outside, too much of a sweet thing can be just that: too much!
You need a little bit of tart to lighten up the flavor for the summertime. Rhubarb is the perfect solution.
If you love strawberry rhubarb pie, you’re going to absolutely go nuts for these sweet and tangy strawberry rhubarb galettes. It’s hard to decide if the best part about them is how good they taste or how simple they are to make. Even if you’re not a baker in the most generous sense of the word, you’ll be able to whip up these tasty treats.
You can even enlist the kids or grandkids to help you out with this dessert.
Measuring the ingredients and rolling out packaged puff pastry are great ways for young ones to help.
What do you think, don’t these look like the perfect summer picnic dessert?
Please SHARE this recipe with your family and friends on Facebook!
- 1 tbsp. cornstartch
- dusting flour
- 1 package puff pastry
- 1 egg
- dusting coarse sugar
- Chop strawberries and rhubarb into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Combine fruit, sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Roll out puff pastry on a surface sprinkled with flour.
- Cut the puff pastry into quarters.
- Spoon a small heap of fruit onto each square.
- Fold pastry edges over to form crust.
- Crimp edges with a fork and brush with an egg wash.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, top with whipped cream, and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.