When it comes to soups and salads, all of us are guilty of mixing up a pre-packaged salad kit from time to time. There are only so many minutes in the day and we all deserve a gold star for eating our daily quota of vegetables to begin with.
If your salad game could use a face lift, The Hostess Next Door, Vanessa Cantave is here to share her favorite easy and delicious salad recipes to serve up to your family.
Of course, hearing the words delicious and salad in the same sentence may make you skeptical, but you’re sure to change your mind after seeing this colorful and crunchy creation come to life.
The cara cara orange salad with fennel and pistachio is just as easy to make as your go-to Caesar salad, the difference being it’s much healthier, and in my humble opinion, much yummier.
It’s the perfect side to vamp up your favorite main in an unexpected and delicious way. While this salad might make your plate look and taste like it belongs at a restaurant, it certainly doesn’t require any culinary expertise to prepare.
In fact, this recipe is easy enough for anyone who can read to make (yes guys, it really is that easy). Better yet, it takes less than five minutes to whip up.
Whether you’re cooking for a luncheon or just for the family, all parties are guaranteed to be big fans of this light and easy fare.
Make sure to SHARE this must-know recipe with your friends on Facebook!
- 2 Cara cara, blood, or navel oranges
- 1 large bulb Fennel, halved lengthwise, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
1⁄4cup Thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons Freshly picked mint or tarragon
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons roasted pistachios, roughly chopped
- To taste Kosher salt
- To taste Fresh pepper
- To assemble: Cut the oranges into segments.
- Toss the orange, fennel and onion with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Season with kosher salt and fresh pepper.
- Garnish with the pistachio and fresh herbs.