On this week’s episode of Hostess Next Door, Real Housewives of Dallas star LeeAnne Locken is helping chef Vanessa Cantave bring the taste of Texas to the LittleThings kitchen!
Nobody does comfort food quite like Texans do, so for Vanessa’s home-cooked Southern meal, she’s whipping up chicken enchiladas on the stovetop followed by easy-peasy pecan sticky buns.
Though sticky buns originated in the Middle Ages, today they are a popular dessert in the South. Depending on where you go, you’ll find hundreds of variations on the classic sticky bun recipe, from caramel-infused to bacon-covered. You can serve these gooey treats for dessert or even breakfast!
Vanessa’s sticky bun recipe is a classic take on the decadent treat. Made with just a few go-to ingredients like cinnamon and pecans, Vanessa’s easy sticky buns will transform your meal into a Southern feast in just 30 minutes. These pastries take virtually no effort or time to prepare, but the results are as fluffy as they are flavorful.
Check out the ingredients and recipe below to make your own sticky buns, and be sure to SHARE these sticky buns so your friends can have a taste of Texas, too!
- 14 tbsps. unsalted butter, softened and divided
1⁄3cups light brown sugar, lightly packed and divided
1⁄2cup pecans, chopped
- 1 pkg. (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tsps. ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place a 12-cup standard muffin tin on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, cream 12 tbsps. butter and 1/3 cup light brown sugar. Place 1 tbsp. of the butter-sugar mixture in each of the 12 muffin cups. Distribute the pecans evenly among the 12 muffin cups, on top of the butter and sugar mixture.
- For the filling, combine the remaining brown sugar and cinnamon. Unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry, brush it with the remaining softened butter, and sprinkle it with half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Roll the pastry up like a jelly roll, and slice it into 6 equal pieces, each about 1.5 inches wide. Place each piece, spiral side up, in a muffin cup. Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry to fill all of the muffin cups.
- Bake the sticky buns for 25 to 30 minutes, until the sticky buns are dark brown on top and firm to the touch. Allow the buns to cool slightly before turning the muffin tins over.