The Easter bunny is preparing for his busiest day of the year, which means it’s probably time to start thinking about what the adults will be eating (other than chocolate eggs).
While the morning and much of the day will be dominated by taste-testing the sweet contents of Easter baskets, eventually some solid food is always necessary.
Enter Vanessa Cantave of The Hostess Next Door, who is ready to make your Easter dinner party even easier than getting your kids out of the house and dressed for church in the morning.
Vanessa’s menu involves seared lamb chops with fresh herb pesto and a side of pan-roasted asparagus with shaved Parmesan. She recommends the meal to be accompanied by a sparkling limoncello cocktail and followed by strawberry shortcakes with buttermilk biscuits.
If you’re thinking that sounds delicious but like you may be biting off more than you can chew on an already busy day, don’t worry. This meal will be less labor intensive than cleaning up the rogue blades of decorative plastic grass that never stay in their intended Easter baskets.
Whether your Easter dinner is for immediate family or includes more cousins than you even knew you had, everyone is sure to think of you as the hostess with the mostess after putting this deceptively easy gourmet meal on the table.
Make sure to SHARE this recipe with your friends and family on Facebook!
- 12 Center-cut lamb chops
- 2 tablespoons High heat oil, such as grapeseed oil
- To taste Kosher salt
- To taste Black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Chopped basil
- 1 tbsp. Chopped mint
- 1 tbsp. Chopped tarragon
- 1 tbsp. Chopped parsley
- 1 clove Minced garlic
1⁄2cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat a sauté pan with the grapeseed oil until it just beings to smoke.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper.
- Sear the lamb on all sides and finish in the oven until desired doneness (about 5 to 7 minutes for medium-rare).
- Prepare the herb pesto by combining all the chopped herbs and minced garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, present the chops with the herb pesto drizzled on top.