One of the biggest trends in decor right now is pom-poms. They’re everywhere!
People have started decorating everything with pom-poms. From purses and blankets to shoes and pillows, pom-poms are a perfect addition.
And it makes sense! It’s super simple to sew a few puffy balls onto anything you want and give it a quirky look. The only problem? Buying pom-poms at the store can be pricey.
Instead, try making your own using your hand and some yarn.
- colorful yarn
- needle and thread
- With your hand flat, start wrapping yarn around your palm.
- Wrap 35 to 40 times (depending on the thickness of your yarn).
- Cut the loose end and slide the loops off your hand, keeping them together.
- Tie the loose end of yarn around the center of the loops.
- Cut all the loops apart, and spread them out to create your pom-poms.
That’s it! It’s really that simple to make your own pom-poms. In fact, it’s even so easy that kids can do it.
Need some suggestions for how to use pom-poms to decorate your house? Check out the video below to see in-depth instructions on how to make the pom-poms and some clever ways you can use them.
Your friends will think you paid a ton of money for your cute new items, and they never have to know you made them yourself!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.