When the temperature drops, I always turn to baked, cheesy dishes to keep away those winter blues.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 pack low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa, strained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 large bag of Doritos
- Diced tomatoes (optional)
- Chopped lettuce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Cook garlic and onions in a heated pan with some olive oil. Add in ground beef, and cook until browned.
- Add taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of water. Stir until thickened, and remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine strained salsa and sour cream. Mix well.
- Add soup, shredded cheese, and cooked beef into the bowl. Stir well.
- In a skillet or casserole dish, add 1 1/2 cups Doritos chips. Lightly crush, but don’t crumble.
- Layer one half of the beef mixture on top of chips. Crush more tips on top of this layer.
- Layer on remaining beef mixture, and crush chips on top. Sprinkle more shredded cheese on top to finish.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil, and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and lettuce for additional toppings. Serve while hot, and enjoy!
Check out the video below to see how you would like to customize your own cheesy chip casserole.
Please SHARE if you love Tex-Mex-inspired flavors!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.