When I was a little girl, I often dreamed of discovering a message in a bottle.
Every time I traveled to the beach with my family, I stood on the shore and imagined a small, glass vase bobbing toward me in the waves.
Imagine how excited I was when I learned I no longer had to wait for my message in a bottle to arrive — I could make it myself!
For this creative DIY craft, simply paint some dyed Mod Podge onto old glass bottles to make faux sea-glass vases. When finished, you can place all sorts of decorations inside, like flowers or seashells. Personally, I can’t wait to slip a secret note into one of my new vases!
Check out the material list and instructional video below to learn how to transform boring recyclables into stunning trinkets for your home.
- Small mixing bowl
- ½ cup Mod Podge
- Food coloring (blue and green)
- Popsicle stick
- Recycled jars or bottles
- Additional decorations (shells, lights, string, etc.)
- Pour ½ cup of Mod Podge into a small bowl.
- Mix in four drops of blue food coloring and one drop of green. Stir using a Popsicle stick.
- Use a paintbrush to paint the outside of a bottle or jar.
- Let the Mod Podge dry, then apply a second coat.
- Add more dye to the original mixture to make a variety of colors.
- Decorate your vases by placing string lights, seashells, candles, or flowers inside. Also, try tying brown yarn around the bottlenecks to give your crafts a nautical feel.
Please SHARE this beach-themed craft with your friends and family on Facebook!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.