Today’s home decor fashion is all about the fusion of sleek, clean design and homey, rustic quirkiness. Take a look on Pinterest, and you’ll see lots of natural materials full of beautiful “imperfections” paired with minimalist neutrals and metallics.
But let’s face it. Creating a space that’s functional and stylish isn’t always the cheapest thing. Right?
Well, it can be if you get a little crafty, as we saw with these beautiful and beachy sea glass vases. These DIY glass vases feature a beautiful gilt accent that has that perfect balance of modern and earthy.
And while it looks like it could come from a designer boutique, it can actually be made right at home using inexpensive materials.
- piece of newspaper
- double-sided tape
- plain glass vase
- rose gold metallic spray paint (you can, of course, use any color you want, but we like rose gold because it’s modern but still has a beautiful warmth to it)
- Tear a piece of newspaper. You want a nice, raggedy edge!
- Place a strip of double-sided tape on the newspaper just under the torn edge.
- Tape the newspaper to your vase, leaving a few inches exposed at the bottom. Be sure to cover any area you don’t want painted.
- Spray-paint the exposed area and let dry for at least two hours. Add a second coat if needed.
- Remove the paper and enjoy your stylish new vase!
Watch the video below to see how we did it, and give it a try! They also make great gifts.
SHARE with your crafty friends and see what kinds of cool designs you can come up with!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.