Do you happen to have an old set of mini blinds sitting around your house?
No matter how junky or unsalvageable they may seem, do not toss those precious pieces of plastic in the trash. As it turns out, they can be transformed into a stunning DIY craft that is sure to boost your home’s decor!
Check out the material list and directions below to learn how you can recycle those forgotten mini blinds into gorgeous Roman shades. Then, watch the instructional video below for more detailed directions.
Now you can spruce up any room with the lively patterns of your favorite fabric! Can you believe how simple the process is?
- mini blinds
- patterned fabric
- tape measure
- foam brush
- strong liquid glue
- Find a set of mini blinds.
- Cut fabric 2 inches longer than the blinds on all sides. Use a pencil to mark your measurements before cutting.
- Count out 10 blinds to keep, then cut the rest out by snipping the string.
- Glue the top bar to the fabric, then fold the top 2 inches of fabric over the bar. Snip into the edges of the fabric so it neatly folds over the sides of the bar, too.
- Glue the remaining blinds to the fabric, leaving large spaces between each slat.
- Fold the remaining fabric over the bottom bar. Hold the fabric in place using clothespins.
- Glue the sides down and hold them in place with clothespins.
- Finally, install the shades above a window.
Will you give this cute craft a try? Please SHARE this creative DIY project with your crafty friends on Facebook!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.