Dog owners often talk about their pets like they’re a part of the family, and deservedly so. Pets can bring so much love and joy into our lives.
I’m one of those pet lovers, constantly filling up my iPhone and documenting every adorable moment in my pet’s life on Facebook. But I wanted to find a fun way to feature my pet’s photo in my home, right along with the rest of the family photos. And ever since I saw a dog silhouette print on Pinterest, I haven’t stopped thinking about it. It’s such a creative way to feature your pet and show how much you love them.
With just a few easy steps, I transformed the dog’s portrait into a unique piece of art. (The toughest part is getting the dog to stand perfectly still long enough for you to snap a photo, but I found bribing Nala with a few AvoDerm Natural Pet Food treats did the trick.)
- A piece of unfinished wood
- A photo printout of your pet’s profile
- Acrylic paint in a color of your choice
- Paint brush
- Take a photo of your dog that’ll show their silhouette.
- Print out your dog’s photo.
- Cut out the pet in the photo.
- Adhere the cutout photo to the board using double-sided tape.
- Paint the exposed wood whatever color you like.
- Peel the dog’s photo off the wood while the paint is still wet.
- Let dry and hang.
Make sure to watch the video below for the full tutorial to see how incredibly simple and fast this DIY project is.
Would you make this? Tell us in the comments.
Please SHARE this creative idea with all the animal lovers you know!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.