At this time of the year, just about everyone is tired of winter. Luckily, spring is well on the way, and that means it’s time to spruce up your home decor and inject some color into your space.
And a great way to do that is with some plants and flowers. And even better than that? Plants and flowers in beautiful, customized, DIY flowerpots.
These are great because they can be made in any color combination you like, and, just like this colorful DIY mason jar vase, they also make great gifts.
- A wide, shallow pan
- Lukewarm water
- Several colors of nail polish
- Plastic spoon or stirrer
- Rubber gloves
- Clear spray sealant
- Fill your pan with lukewarm water. Leave about an inch to allow for dipping.
- Beginning with the lightest color, dribble nail polish into the water.
- Gently swirl with your plastic spoon to get a marbled pattern.
- Put on your gloves and dip your flowerpot gently into the water, The nail polish will stick to the surface of the pot
- Gently roll until the whole exterior of the pot is covered.
- Let dry and spray with clear sealant to protect your design.
After it’s dried, you can plant your favorite spring flowers in the pot. Decorate a windowsill, stoop, or porch, and they make great springtime gifts, so you can add some seasonal color to someone else’s home, too!
Check out the video below to see the process in action, and SHARE with your crafty friends!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.