It’s no secret that many, many people are excited to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens, hitting theaters in just a few days.
And if you yourself are one of the millions anxiously awaiting the latest installment of this beloved “space opera,” than this adorable DIY project is perfect for you!
With the help of this step-by-step tutorial — and perhaps some incredible Star Wars mood music — you’ll soon have your very own Princess Leia hair!
- Brown felt
- 20 pieces brown yarn, each three feet in length
- Hot glue
- A headband
- Trace two circles on the brown felt. Cut out and set aside.
- Cut 20 three-foot lengths of yarn. Divide into two sets of 10.
- Braid each individual set of yarn.
- Place a bead of glue into the center of one of the felt circles and press one end of one braid into it.
- Coil the braid outward, gluing down as you go. Tuck the tassel underneath and glue in place for a finished look.
- Repeat with the other braid and circle.
- When dry, turn over the felt circles and glue two strips of felt, creating two loops.
- When that’s dry, slide the circles onto your headband through the felt straps you’ve glued on, and rock your buns!
We used brown for a realistic “Leia” look, but feel free to experiment with different colors and textures of yarns.
After all, as George Lucas first explained to us in 1977, the Star Wars universe is set in a galaxy far away, so anything goes!
And don’t forget to SHARE with all the fans you know!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.