Valentine’s Day is a day when we take a few minutes to show our loved ones that we care. That can be our friends, families, and romantic partners, or anyone to whom we want to show some love and appreciation.
Remember, though, there’s someone else that really deserves some special attention. After all, they show you so much love every day — we’re talking about your dog, of course!
Obviously, you can’t give your dog chocolates. Roses will be a little lost on them, and although some creatures enjoy romantic dinners, dogs are more about the snacks than the atmosphere.
So, what can you give them that’s cute and festive but also something a dog would love? Dog Valentines, of course!
The good news is that they’re super easy to make, and they’re healthy enough to give to your dog without feeling guilty. Here’s how:
- 3 cups brown rice flour
- 3.2 oz. applesauce
- FD&C-safe food coloring
- Silicone heart-shaped mold
- Fine-tipped paint brush
- Combine flour and applesauce in a bowl, and knead until a dough is formed.
- Separate dough into five sections.
- Dye each section a different color.
- Press dough into the heart mold
- Bake 10 minutes at 230 °F.
- Let cool and pop your treats out of the mold.
- With a fine-tipped paintbrush and red food coloring, paint messages on your heart treats. They can be whatever you want!
- Toss one to your pooch to show some love!
Watch the video below to see how we made ours and get some inspiration for what to write on your message heart, and SHARE this great idea with anyone who wants to show their dog some love this Valentine’s Day!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.