Learn how to make a comfy DIY dog hammock for your car with just a few basic materials and some minor sewing!
Like our adorable and useful useful doggy cool-down blanket, installing a pup-friendly hammock is the perfect way to keep your dog comfy on long car rides.
After all, most dogs love the car, but they get a little uncomfortable on long journeys. This technique lets them sprawl comfortably in the back, without falling down to the floor!
- 3 yards heavy-duty fabric
- 4 yards nylon webbing material
- 4 parachute buckles
- sewing supplies
- 3 yards iron-on adhesive
- 3 yards canvas
- Cut nylon webbing into 8 strips, each 9 inches long.
- Loop about 1 inch of nylon through the slit in each set of buckles, and sew into place.
- Flip fabric over.
- Pick one of the short edges of the fabric, and sew one of the buckle straps at the corner, then sew the matching buckle strap 8 inches further down the edge.
- Repeat step 4 for each of the corners of the fabric, and close buckles.
- Iron adhesive onto fabric, then stick canvas backing into place, and iron to secure. Trim canvas as needed.
- In the car, clip 2 sets of buckles around the driver and passenger headrests, and 2 around the backseat headrest.
- Invite your dog in for a comfy car-ride!
Check out the video to learn how to make this cute-as-can-be DIY dog hammock, and don’t forget to SHARE for fellow dog-lovers!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.