The phrase “cookie-cutter” typically makes you think of mass-produced, one-size-fits-all items that have some serious lack in the personal touch department.
But we’re about to change that with this awesome DIY project!
Just like these wooden photo-transfer ornaments, this easy step-by-step tutorial will help you make a charming homemade ornament in no time — and for very little money!
- A cookie cutter
- Thick craft paper
- Printed photos
- Craft glue
- Marker or pen
- Needle and thread
- A bead
- Lay out your craft paper so that the patterned side is facing down.
- Using a thin layer of glue, glue your photos onto the paper.
- Place your cookie cutter over the glued photo so that you get the right framing.
- Trace around the outside of the cookie cutter and set the cutter aside.
- Cut along the line your traced.
- Now carefully line the thicker side of the cookie cutter with glue. Press onto your cut-out picture.
- When it’s completely dry, poke a hole in the top section of the paper with a threaded needle, and pull enough thread to make a hanging loop.
- Thread a bead on the doubled thread to make a narrower loop. This will make it easier to hang and add a bit of color.
Whether you decide to hang these adorable ornaments on your tree, or give them to someone as a special DIY gift, they’re sure to be cherished for many years to come!
If someone you know is looking for a cute, easy craft, be sure to SHARE this one with them!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.