This is my new favorite project. It’s cheap, easy-to-make, and so very creative (much like another great project we recently featured, this DIY cardboard treasure chest)! It’s a homemade cloud light that lights up, glows, and looks amazing graced on a wall or hung from a ceiling. How dreamy!
All that’s needed for this wonderful DIY project? Cotton batting (found at craft stores), paper lanterns, a wooden dowel, fishing wire or string, a hot glue gun, and battery-powered LED lights. Some people suggest using flameless candles, but LED lights are considered the safest option. Here’s how to make it:
- Expand the paper lanterns and glue batting to the exterior. Use whatever sizes of lanterns you’d like! The video below uses five lanterns of all different shapes.
- Tie the string to the wooden dowel and fasten the dowel to the ceiling with screw hooks so it’s nice and secure.
- Place clear string on each edge of the lanterns. Tie each ball to the dowel individually in the shape of a cloud, adjusting to your liking.
- Pull lights through the base through the cloud, letting some hang lower than others.
- Attach blue ribbon for a rainy effect (optional).
This DIY cloud makes a perfect gift, decoration for a baby shower or wedding, or would be great just hanging in your bedroom as a cute, unexpected touch!
Know a great, simple DIY project? Let us know in the comments, and please SHARE this one with all your crafty Facebook friends!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.