It’s no secret that cats love to snuggle up in tiny, out-of-the-way places. The smaller, darker, and harder for everyone else to get to, the better.
In order to make your cat feel safe and at home in your house, it’s best to give them a space of their own. You don’t have to go all-out like the man in California who transformed his whole house into a feline wonderland, of course, but a little hideout will make your cat very happy.
You could go out and buy an expensive cat box, but you can make one yourself using nothing but things you already have lying around the house. And who doesn’t love a handcrafted gift?
- A medium-size cardboard box
- An old T-shirt (medium or large size works best)
- An old throw pillow
- A stapler
- A cat looking to get cozy!
- Position your box so that the opening is on the side. You may want to fold the flaps in to prevent them from flopping around.
- Stretch your T-shirt over the box, with the neck hole over the open side.
- Staple the bottom hem of the T-shirt together at the back to make it snug and secure.
- Stuff the throw pillow inside the box through the opening and pat into place.
- Introduce your cat to their new hideout!
Watch the video below to see how it’s done, and make a cute kitty habitat of your own.
Please SHARE with your cat-loving friends on Facebook!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.