There are so many reasons to start a garden in your backyard (like better sleep and a boost in feel-good hormones), but not everyone is blessed with plentiful outdoor space or a green thumb — myself included.
Because of my limited living space and my inability to keep anything alive, I tend to gravitate toward succulents. While other flowers and plants require sunlight and TLC, succulents are built to retain water; they can survive on the smallest amount of care.
Succulents have become a trendy home-decor item, and it’s easy to make your own planters for these simple decorations. Plus, there are so many types of succulents to decorate your house with — like cacti, aloe plants, and air plants.
Follow the instructions below to make your own air plant planter. Whether you want something nautical or modern, the video below will have a DIY planter suited to your taste!
- magnetic tape
- air plants
- brass wire
- fishing line
- Cut a small piece of magnet.
- Stick the magnet to the bottom of the shell.
- Stick the air plant in the hole of the shell.
- Coil the brass wire and use a wire cutter to snip it off.
- Tie some fishing line to the top of the brass wire coil.
- Spread the brass wire coil apart, into three loops, and place the air plant in the loops.
- Using something sharp, create a hole on the top of the cork.
- Wrap some brass wire around the cork and move it up so part of the coil is positioned above the cork, over the hole.
- Place the air plant in the brass wire coil.
Do you know someone who loves to garden? Make sure to SHARE this video with them on Facebook!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.