With Fourth of July weekend upon us, it’s time to get festive!
Whether you’re hosting a party or attending one, you can show a little American love with this simple, yet festive, accessory.
The best part? It’s easy to do yourself!
Being a simple headband, it’s not too over-the-top, unlike a certain pair of duct tape prom outfits, so you can actually wear this year-round for a little color whenever you want. And it’s great for keeping hair out of your face — a must if you’re working the grill.
- Two styles of stretchy jersey fabric in red, white, and blue (or whatever you want!). Try using an old T-shirt.
- Needle and thread or a sewing machine
- Measuring tape
- Measure the part of your head where you’d wear a headband.
- Cut out a rectangle of each fabric in that length at a width of 5 inches.
- Fold fabric lengthwise, wrong side out, and pin.
- Sew up the sides and turn right side out.
- Arrange the fabric tubes in an X shape. Fold the bottom piece around the top piece so they’re linked.
- Pin the open ends together and sew them up.
- Wear with your favorite outfit!
Watch the video below to see how it’s done, and make some for your whole family!
Don’t forget to SHARE with your fellow stylish crafters, too.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.