On a scorching hot summer day, there’s almost nothing as tempting as a chilly ice cream cone! The only issue with ice cream? It’s not so conducive to baring it all at the beach.
Fortunately, we have a recipe for diet-safe ice cream that tastes just as delicious as the real thing.
It’s hard to imagine any substitute for the rich, creamy goodness of a scoop of ice cream, but that’s just because you haven’t tried banana ice cream yet.
Bananas are packed full of pectin, which means frozen bananas don’t get icy and flaky, they get silky and melty, just like a scoop of dairy ice cream.
So enjoy all the ice cream sundaes you want this summer. If you swap out the classic frozen treat for our diet-safe ice cream made entirely out of bananas, it’s totally guilt free!
Scroll through below to learn how to make this healthy frozen treat that’s every bit as indulgent as ordinary ice cream!
- 4 bananas, sliced
- To taste Chocolate syrup, butterscotch syrup, or other favorite add-ins
- To taste Sundae toppings of your choice
- Slice up bananas and pop in freezer overnight.
- Place frozen banana slices in blender or food processor, and blend thoroughly until they reach a creamy texture.
- Toss in your favorite add-in (like chocolate syrup!) and pulse a few times.
- Scoop "ice cream" into bowl, and top with all your favorite sundae toppings, like sprinkles, chocolate chips, or fruit.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.