Chocolate chip cookies are the bread and butter of the dessert world.
They may not be as exciting as an elaborate chocolate cake or a batch of these caramel pretzel brownies, but everyone likes them, and they get the job done!
Chocolate chip cookie dough, on the other hand, is in a league all of its own. No matter what recipes you make out of it, nothing is quite like eating cookie dough raw just for the gooey, chewy, illicit thrill of it.
We all know it’s not good for us, but who among us can truthfully say that they’ve never come home from a bad day and cracked open a roll of Toll House? I know I’m not the only one.
That’s why we’re constantly innovating to find treats that are just as delicious as cookie dough, but without the raw-egg risks, up to and including the ever-popular cookie dough ice cream.
But with all due respect to Ben and Jerry, we think we might have discovered the cookie dough dessert to rule them all. Humbly, we present the deep-fried cookie dough ball.
Print out the recipe below to make this at home!
- 4 Tbsps. butter
1⁄3cup brown sugar 1⁄3cup granulated sugar 1⁄2tsp. vanilla extract
1⁄2cups flour 3⁄4cup chocolate chips 1⁄2tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar, chocolate syrup to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix well with rubber spatula.
- Add 1/4 cup of milk, and whisk into mixture. Follow with 1 cup flour, whisked thoroughly into mixture.
- Add vanilla extract and chocolate chips, whisk into dough. Freeze dough for 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 cup flour, salt, baking powder, and remaining milk. Mix thoroughly until batter forms.
- Remove dough from freezer and shape into evenly sized balls.
- Heat oil in deep frying pan until it reaches 375 °F.
- Roll each piece of dough in flour, then submerge into batter with a fork. Immediately transfer to frying pan.
- Fry each dough ball 2 to 3 minutes until golden-brown. Then dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.