There are so many ways to get creative when it comes to baking. From flavor to design to decorations, there’s no shortage of ways to spice up your dessert creations in the kitchen.
When you have little ones running around the house, it’s fun to experiment with wacky shapes and designs for everything from cupcakes to cannoli.
Your kids can even get in on the baking fun for a fun-filled afternoon of cooking, decorating, and eating!
Whether you’re whipping up pineapple-shaped macaroons or cupcake burgers, the whole family has a great time bonding and baking.
It may feel daunting to create intricately decorated desserts with no formal training, but it’s much easier than you think with the proper instructions and a little bit of faith!
Thanks to the instructional video below, you don’t need to be the Cake Boss to create cupcake burgers with a side of “French fries” — all you need is a properly equipped kitchen and the right ingredients to make this imaginative dessert!
Check out the ingredients and instructions below, then watch the video to learn how to assemble your cupcake burgers and French fries.
- 1 box Cupcake mix
- 9 Eggs
- 1 box Brownie mix
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- Colored frosting
- White sprinkles
- In a bowl, combine the cupcake mix, 1/3 cup melted butter, 3 eggs, and 1 cup water. Distribute the mix into a lined cupcake pan and bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the brownie mix, oil, 3 eggs, and 1/4 cup water. Transfer to a coated pan and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- In another bowl, beat 1 cup butter and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until combined. Add in the remaining eggs, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, and salt one at a time.
- Transfer the flour mixture to parchment paper dusted with flour and cover it with another piece of parchment paper, then use a rolling pin to roll the dough out.
- Use a sharp edge to cut the dough into a rectangle, then cut the rectangle into thin strips. Transfer the strips to a lined baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Use a circular cookie cutter to cut circles into the brownies.
- Cut the cupcakes in half, then place a brownie on top of the bottom half of each cupcake. Line the edge of each brownie with green, red, and yellow frosting, then top it with the rounded half of the cupcake.
- Top the cupcakes with white sprinkles, then serve with "fries"!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.