Many women absolutely love their jewelry. Whether you’re a fan of earrings, bracelets, or necklaces, chances are you’re always collecting more.
One of the biggest problems with jewelry, though, is that it’s hard to store. You can’t just toss these items on your counter, or you’ll lose your earrings and end up with all your bracelets and necklaces tangled together.
What’s the solution? A jewelry box!
Unfortunately, many jewelry boxes are expensive. So instead of emptying your pockets on a new jewelry box, make your own!
Crystal-Topped Jewelry Box Supplies
- white pipe cleaner
- food coloring
- boiling water
- gold paint
- box of your choice
Crystal-Topped Jewelry Box Instructions
- Wrap a white pipe cleaner into a circle shape.
- Tie a string through the middle of the pipe cleaner circle.
- Tie the other end of the string to the center of a straw, and snip off the excess string.
- Put 5 tbsps. of borax into a beaker or heat-proof cup.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the borax.
- Pour in 250 mL of boiling water and stir.
- Soak the pipe cleaner in the borax mixture for 4 hours.
- Take the pipe cleaner out — it should now have a circular crystal on it.
- Paint the edge of the crystal with gold paint, then glue it to your jewelry box.
Please watch the video below for more in-depth instructions.
If you can’t wait to make this, please SHARE this article with your friends!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.