If I had to pick a favorite dessert, it would probably be brownies.
I mean, it’s pretty hard to go wrong with a dessert that’s basically just chocolate cake, but with even more chocolate!
Sure, I’ll occasionally change it up and go for another dessert — these red velvet cupcakes are looking pretty tempting right about now — but my heart will always belong to brownies.
My particular soft spot is for the quick and easy recipe that you just make straight from the box. They always turn out perfectly, so why mess with a good thing?
That said, I’m not at all opposed to clever add-ons that can spice up an ordinary batch with an unexpected flavor or texture!
Right now, I love this genius recipe that takes ordinary boxed brownies to the next level by adding tons of tasty goodies, up to and including snacky pretzel twists! It’s simultaneously everything I like in a dessert, and everything I like in a snack — what could be better?
Print out the recipe below, and let us know in the comments if you decide to try these out!
- 1 box of family-size brownie mix
2⁄3cup vegetable oil 1⁄4cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 snack pack mini pretzel twists
- 1 jar caramel sauce
- Sea salt flakes, to taste
- Greased 9x13-inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a large bowl, stir water, oil, and eggs into brownie mix until smooth.
- Pour 1/3 of mixture into greased pan, smoothing until even.
- Layer snack pretzels across surface of brownie mixture until covered. Repeat until there is a second layer.
- Pour remaining 2/3 of brownie batter on top until pretzels are covered.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove, and pour entire jar of caramel sauce into pan until it forms a smooth layer.
- Sprinkle sea salt flakes on top, if desired.
- Slice and serve hot or cold. Enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.