Chances are, you haven’t played with marbles since you were a little girl. After all, it takes the imaginative mind of a child to be remain preoccupied by little glass balls for hours on end.
However, as we get older, we begin to appreciate things for their simple beauty. Marbles are a fantastic example of this.
The spheres may not hold your attention or imagination for hours on end anymore — at least not on their own. But with a little imagination, you can use marbles to make all sorts of fun crafts at home.
Marbles may come in handy for all sorts of things, but you will think they were meant to become jewelry after seeing this cracked marble jewelry idea.
Learn how to make your own by watching the video and following the instructions below.
- mixing bowl
- ice water
- baking sheet
- bead caps
- eye pins
- earring hooks
- necklace chains
- craft adhesive
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange marbles on baking sheet and place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Pour ice cubes and water into a bowl.
- Transfer freshly baked marbles from the oven into the bowl of ice water to create cracking effect.
- Remove the cracked marbles from a bowl, and use craft adhesive to set the marble into a bead cap.
- Use pliers to secure eye pins to bead cap and create a hook enclosure.
- Attach your marble bead to earring hooks to make earrings, and string through a chain to create a necklace.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.