The warm weather is finally here to stay, and we can’t wait to celebrate by whipping up a few of these delicious crab-stuffed avocado bowls to ring in spring!
Don’t get us wrong, we love the cozy flavors of warm, winter food, but we just can’t wait to shake it off and embrace the fresh, bright flavors of the warmer months! It’s just salads, smoothies, and fresh pasta dishes for days.
There are so many delicious things coming into season; it’s the ideal time to master this tasty avocado dish, and add it to your recipe book.
This soon-to-be-classic meal uses fresh crabmeat to make a creamy filler for a perfectly ripe avocado.
The crab is tossed in a light mayonnaise and lemon juice sauce, then generously studded with lots of spring onions and celery for a little extra crunch!
All that’s left is to spoon the yummy filling into a hollowed-out avocado, and you’re well on your way to an ultimate springtime feast.
Print out the recipe below to try these crab-stuffed avocado bowls at home.
- 2 avocados, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 8 oz. fresh crabmeat, cooked
- To taste chopped celery, chopped green onion, chopped tomato, paprika
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic, olive oil, salt, and lemon juice. Whisk together thoroughly.
- Mix mayonnaise mixture into crabmeat until the meat is well-coated. Stir in celery and green onion.
- Spoon meat mixture into the hollow of a halved avocado.
- Top with chopped tomatoes and paprika.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.