One of the best things about spring and summer is listening to birds chirp in the morning — along with thunderstorms and kids playing outside, it’s one of the quintessential noises of warm weather.
If you love seeing birds flit around your yard at home, having a bird feeder hanging outside your house is a must.
Instead of going out to the store to buy a bird feeder, just make a simple DIY one right in your kitchen!
All you need is some birdseed, a cookie cutter, a few other ingredients, and you’ll have a perfect bird snack that you can hang on a tree outside your window. Follow the instructions below to learn how to make this bird feeder!
- wax paper
- cookie cutters
- twine or string
- 1 small envelope of gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup birdseed
- Combine gelatin and water in a small pot.
- Mix and simmer until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Add birdseed to the water and gelatin mixture.
- Stir until water is absorbed and set aside.
- Tie a piece of string into a loop.
- Fill cookie cutter halfway with birdseed mixture.
- Push string into birdseed.
- Fill cookie cutter the rest of the way with birdseed.
- Press birdseed down, and remove cookie cutter.
- Leave to dry overnight.
- Hang on a nearby tree!
For more in-depth instructions, watch the video below.
If you can’t wait to make this bird feeder, please SHARE this article with your friends!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.