On its own, bread is addicting enough, but, combined with fresh compound butter, it’s downright impossible to turn down.
Even though I know that the bread basket served at the beginning of the meal will only spoil my appetite, I can’t help but dig into a fresh roll slathered with melted butter.
In all honesty, it’s worth spoiling my appetite just to enjoy those doughy bites of bread and butter!
Recently, I’ve been toying with ways to bake my favorite breads at home. So far, these cheesy breadsticks are one of my favorites, but my bread basket just doesn’t feel complete without compound butter.
Thankfully, these three compound butter recipes are easy to make and will complement every flavor in my bread basket, from sweet to savory! I had no idea how easy it is to make butter at home, but now that I have these recipes to follow, I will be serving homemade butter with everything from my bread to my pancakes!
Check out the instructions below to learn how to make pesto, raspberry walnut, and pumpkin pecan compound butter, and watch the video for a step-by-step guide!
Do you know someone who loves to slather butter on everything?
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- garlic powder
1⁄4cup basil, chopped
- 5 tbsps. walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsps. canned pumpkin
1⁄4cup pecans, chopped
- With an electric mixer, combine the heavy whipping cream and salt until solid. Thoroughly drain any remaining liquid and divide the butter into 3 portions.
- To make pesto butter, use the electric mixer to combine a portion of the butter with a dash of garlic powder, basil, and 1 tbsp. walnuts.
- To make raspberry walnut butter, use the electric mixer to combine a portion of the butter with the raspberries and 4 tbsps. chopped walnuts.
- To make pumpkin pecan butter, use the electric mixer to combine a portion of the butter with canned pumpkin and pecans.
- Roll the butters up into log shapes with wax paper and let set in the fridge.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.