We’re well into fall, which means it’s officially cold and flu season.
Every year, people across the country come down with cases of the flu and other nasty colds. Once that happens, all we want to do is sleep until we feel finally better.
Unfortunately, many of us still have to get things done when we’re feeling under the weather. These three simple DIY hacks will make cold and flu season so much easier this year.
Breathe-Easy Shower Steamer
- Combine 2 cups baking soda, 1 cup citric acid, and 1 tsp. eucalyptus essential oil in a large bowl.
- Spritz mixture with witch hazel until it sticks to itself.
- Shape in molds, then let dry for 24 hours.
- Place on shower floor while bathing to help with decongestion.
- Combine 2 tbsps. coconut oil, 1/4 cup honey, and 3 tbsps. lemon juice in a pot.
- Heat and stir until combined.
- Pour into glass jar and refrigerate.
- Drink a spoonful to alleviate irritation and coughing.
Quick Heating Pad
- Place a clean sock into a Mason jar.
- Funnel rice into the sock, then tie it off.
- Microwave sock with a cup of water for 1 minute to heat it without scorching.
- Place heat pack on sore muscles.
For more in-depth instructions, watch the video below. If you think you might try any of these hacks this fall and winter, please SHARE this article with your friends!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.