I’m a sucker for anything sweet, but as a health fanatic, I try to steer clear of any foods that threaten to derail my diet.
Luckily, there are tons of recipes out there that take dreamy desserts and transform them into low-calorie treats.
When a chocolate craving comes on, you can whip up a chocolate coconut avocado mousse, and when you’re craving something fruity, you can make this coconut-kiwi fruit tart!
This simple tart replaces the heavy cream in a traditional fruit tart with protein-rich yogurt and vanilla bean paste. Plus, instead of creating a crust with butter and sugar, this recipe makes a fruity coconut crust with shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut flour, and agave!
Even your gluten-free friends will be able to indulge in this creamy treat, thanks to the coconut flour crust! Who knew that eating healthy could be so delicious?
To learn how to whip up these tropical fruit tarts, check out the ingredients and directions below. When you’re ready to get cooking, watch the video for step-by-step instructions.
Your guests won’t believe how healthy this kiwi fruit tart really is when they take their first creamy bite!
- 1 lime, zested
- 2 cups shredded coconut
3⁄4cup coconut oil
1⁄4cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsps. agave
1⁄2tbsps. vanilla bean paste
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- In a bowl, whisk together the lime zest, shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut flour, agave, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Pour the coconut flour mixture into a pie pan, and smooth it down so it covers the entire pan.
- Bake the crust at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine the sugar, vanilla bean paste, and plain yogurt.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the baked pie crust and top with kiwi slices.
- Refrigerate the pie until it's ready to be served!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.