With summer days coming right around the corner, I’m all about throwing open the windows, and getting my house ready for night after night of warm-weather festivities.
Between Mother’s Day and graduation festivities, it seems like every week brings new occasions where I need to get my house spruced up and ready for guests!
With that in mind, I’m scrubbing every corner, from the dusty bunnies behind the bed to the greasy grates on my stovetop.
Of course, once the hard work of cleaning is done, it’s time for the fun stuff: decorating! It’s always fun to have an excuse to doll up your space with new knick-knacks and DIY embellishments made by hand!
Take, for example, a truly unique flower arrangement that recently struck our fancy.
With flowers, citrus, and a few household items, you can take that next brunch up to the next level in a snap, with an arrangements that look beautiful and smell even better!
- Citrus fruits of your choosing
- One straight-walled glass vase
- One tall drinking glass
- Spring flowers!
- Slice citrus fruits into thin, round slices
- Fill glass with water and place inside vase, with an inch or so of room away from the vase walls
- Place your fruit slices into the space left between the glass and vase, with the round side out
- Continue adding fruit until vase walls are entirely covered
- Place flowers in desired arrangement in the water glass
Be sure to watch the video below for full step-by-step directions!
And if this adorable craft has you mentally sketching out whole arrangements of lemon yellow and grapefruit pink, make sure to SHARE this cute design with friends and family!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.