I like to think that I don’t have many vices, but I make a definite exception for sweets.
From decadent chocolates to chewy homemade gummy bears, I have a serious soft spot for desserts of all kinds.
As a result, I’m always looking for new and interesting twists to put on my classic repertoire of sweet recipes.
For example, I love cinnamon rolls, but I find them to be kind of a pain to make. Mine just never turn out as fluffy as the ones at the local coffee shop!
Of course, I still love the delicious flavors of cinnamon and creamy icing, so it was just a matter of time before I stumbled on an acceptable substitution.
With these tasty, bite-size cinnamon roll cookies, I think I’ve finally found the perfect solution!
To make these, just whip up a basic dough, add some cinnamon and sugar, and make your creamy icing. In no time flat, you have crispy, delicious cookies that will delight everyone who tries them!
Print out the recipe below to make these tasty treats at home.
3⁄4cup granulated sugar
1⁄4cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Additional sugar and cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. cream
- 2 Tbsps. cream cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, and 3/4 cup of butter. Cream together for 4 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well until blended.
- Add 1 cup of flour, baking powder, and salt. Continue mixing.
- Pour in remaining flour, continue mixing until shaggy dough forms.
- Knead and flatten dough on a flat surface until a thick disc forms.
- Wrap dough in plastic and chill 1 hour.
- Unwrap and divide dough in half.
- Roll out half of the dough until roughly 1/4-inch thick.
- Spread half of the remaining butter onto the dough with a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle dough generously with sugar, and press it into the dough. Follow with generous sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Roll dough tightly, and cut into inch-thick slices. Press 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 11 minutes at 350 °F.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining powdered sugar, butter, cream, and cream cheese in a separate bowl.
- Whisk thoroughly by hand until an icing forms. Once cookies are completely cool, drizzle with icing.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.