If you love creating flavorful meals with just a handful of ingredients, you need this sauce recipe in your life!
It’s a delicious take on a classic pesto, and can easily be added to just about any meal for a pop of powerful taste. It’s designed to go particularly well with a yummy, comforting bowl of cauliflower ‘rice,’ but could also be a nice accompaniment to home fries or even pasta!
Like this easy-peasy recipe for one-pot pasta, the nice thing about this sauce is that it’s super-simple to make, and can be pulled together in just a few minutes.
The sauce, created by chef Carolina Santos-Neves, is a refreshing Latin-American twist on old-fashioned basil pesto. S
antos-Neves, who is a founding partner of two NYC restaurants, Comodo and Colonia Verde, also founded upscale catering company Compartí, and is known for creating delicious, fresh meals!
Print out the recipe below to try making this one right at home.
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and rinsed
- 2 bunches cilantro, trimmed and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
1⁄4cup basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 4 anchovies
- 1 half-inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 pinch baking soda
- Fill a medium sized pot with water about ¾ of the way. Set to boil and add a pinch of baking soda.
- Once water is boiling drop scallions in for about 30 seconds, then take them out. Do the same with the cilantro. Add both items to a blender.
- Next, sauté the shallots in a small skillet over medium heat in oil, let cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add to the blender along with all the other ingredients. Blend thoroughly until smooth. Taste for seasoning and set aside.
- Prep cauliflower rice (instruction included separately) and top with cilantro pesto. Enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.