If you love pizza, you’ll adore our chorizo pretzel pizza!
This yummy take on a classic personal pizza is so easy to make, and the end result is absolutely mouthwatering! Pizza in any form is pretty darn delicious — just check out this melty and gooey Crock-Pot pizza! Still, this recipe looks extra scrumptious!
I’m a huge fan of any recipe that puts a bit of a twist on a classic. Chorizo pretzel pizza is just a hop, skip, and jump away from a traditional “sausage, pepper, and onion,” but it’s a little bit different. For one thing, this yummy recipe has a bit of a kick to it, thanks to the spicy chorizo sausage.
For another, this recipe uses baking soda and salt to give the dough a crackly crust, just like a pretzel. The end result is a personal pizza that’s chewy and gooey, with a nice crunch to the crust and a hint of zippy spice!
Print out the recipe below to make it at home!
- 1 personal-size package of premade pizza dough
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
- 1 cup warm water
1⁄2Tbsp. olive oil
1⁄4cup chopped yellow bell pepper
1⁄4cup chopped red bell pepper
1⁄4cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
1⁄2cup shredded cheese
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Shredded fresh basil, to taste
- Roll out pizza dough on floured work surface.
- Stir baking soda into warm water. Dunk pizza dough in solution. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil and add peppers, onion, oregano, and chorizo. Sauté and set aside.
- Place a thick layer of cheese on pizza dough. Add sautéed toppings over cheese.
- Bake pizza 15 minutes at 400 °F.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded basil if desired
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.