If you had to pick, what would you say is your all-time favorite dessert?
For me, the answer is obvious: frozen Cool Whip with strawberry slices plopped on top, of course!
And although I am incredibly fond of this sweet, simple dish, I am aware that there is always room to improve it. I could drizzle chocolate syrup on top of the strawberries, smear the fluffy cream over shortcake, or even add a spoonful of vanilla ice cream to the mix. The possibilities are endless!
When it comes to dessert-making, there is one essential truth you should always keep in mind: more pretty much always means better. Why make your tasty creation sparse with ingredients when you could continue to layer flavorful toppings? Why stop at a piece of cake, for example, when you could incorporate cookies, candy, and fruit, too?
This “bigger = better” mentality was the inspiration of the heavenly recipe that follows — one for world-famous chocolate lasagna. The dish incorporates all of your favorite desserts into one: chocolate pudding, Oreo cookie crumble, cream cheese icing, and whipped cream dollops. I don’t think I know one person who would refuse a slice of a cake this legendary.
To learn how to make your own pan of chocolate lasagna today, simply read through the ingredient list and cooking directions below, then watch the video.
Will you try this scrumptious dessert some time soon?
- 1 packet pudding mix
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 pack Oreos
- 6 tbsps. melted butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tbsps. additional milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Cool Whip
- 1 can whipped cream
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips
- Pour the packet of pudding mix and 1 ½ cups milk into a bowl and mix well.
- Dump the pack of Oreos and the melted butter into a blender. Blend until thoroughly ground.
- Scoop the cream cheese into a second bowl and whisk until slightly fluffy. While continuing to mix, add the 2 tablespoons of milk and the sugar to the bowl. Then, fold in the Cool Whip.
- Pour the Oreo mix into a baking dish and spread along the base of the pan.
- Spread the cream cheese mix over the crushed cookies.
- Add the pudding and smear it over the cream cheese.
- Squirt dollops of canned whipped cream onto the pudding in rows.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on top.
- Freeze overnight before cutting and serving.
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.