As a kid, anytime I heard the ice cream man drive through my neighborhood, I would go running.
And as soon as I caught up to him, the first thing I would ask for was a Chipwich (for those of you who don’t know, this is an ice cream sandwich using two delicious chocolate chip cookies).
My dessert preferences haven’t really changed now that I am an adult, so I am constantly looking for ways to enjoy this childhood favorite at home — and I’ve finally found just the recipe.
In this exclusive video, you’ll see just how simple it is to make a chocolate chip cookie pie right in your own kitchen. This tasty ice cream pie is a giant-size version of a Chipwich, large enough for the entire family to enjoy.
Scroll through below for a look at this incredible recipe, and then watch the video to see the easy dessert-making process in action!
1⁄2cup sugar 1⁄2cup brown sugar 3⁄4cup butter, melted
- 2 Tbsps. corn syrup
- 2 tsps. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsps. corn starch
1⁄2tsp. baking soda 1⁄4tsp. salt
1⁄3cups chocolate chips
- Ice cream
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- In mixing bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, and butter.
- Stir in corn syrup, vanilla extract, and egg.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine both mixtures, stirring in chocolate chips.
- Divide dough evenly between two greased cake pans and bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove one cookie and place top side down in plastic-wrap-lined springform pan.
- Cover with a layer of your favorite ice cream, and add second cookie top side up.
- Cover with remaining plastic wrap and put the springform pan in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Coat the outside with rainbow sprinkles.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Don't forget to print the recipe, and please SHARE with friends and family!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.