A family from South Haven, Michigan, faced several tragedies within a few short hours. They experienced a major house fire and almost lost their dog, Chloe, to the flames.
Luckily, the large dog was revived by an improvised oxygen mask. After Chloe was saved by firefighters, she decided to return the favor and become a hero herself.
In the video below, posted on May 16, 2017, Christine Marr recalls taking Chloe back to their burned down home for the first time since the house fire.
When the family arrives to check on the rubble, the unthinkable happens.
Chloe lures the family over to a small dark hole that leads to a space underneath the floor and begins sniffing around.
Christine explains, “In the dining room, there’s a little, small space, and she kept getting her head down in there,” adding, “I shined the flashlight down there, and I hear a cat meowing.”
At first, she thinks it’s a stray that had gotten underneath the floor of her home. Then, she realizes the cat inside the dark space is her missing cat, Ringer, who had been missing for two months after the house fire.
Christine is overjoyed to find Ringer. Although he’s skinny and malnourished, today he is slowly gaining his health back with his family.
Check out the Marr family’s pets in the video below, and please SHARE if you think Chloe is a real hero for finding her feline friend!
Footage Provided by WXMI
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.