Dinner at home can get pretty “blah” when you fall into a rut. It’s understandable: you work all day, and the last thing you want to do in the evening is start making a crazy-complicated meal.
But still, it would be nice to do something different, right? And why wait until a special occasion to make something truly memorable? This recipe is bursting with flavor and spice, but it’s actually pretty easy to whip up!
Our recipe is steak with chimichurri sauce. Chimichurri hails from Argentina (where they really love their steak), and has a fresh, green, spicy flavor thanks to cilantro, garlic, and jalapeños. It’s also a great color!
Not that you have to tell anyone that as far as guests and even family are concerned, this took ages and many skills, so you can’t possibly do the dishes. For extra fanciness, break out the good napkins and set up a beautiful table.
Naturally, you can tweak the spice factor depending on your tastes, and of course, feel free to experiment with additional flavors if you’re feeling adventurous!
Check out the video below and let us know how it worked out!
- 2 jalapeños
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsps. lime juice (about 3 to 4 limes)
- 3 Tbsps. dry red wine
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1⁄2cup extra virgin olive oil, plus a bit extra for brushing
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 lbs. skirt steak
- Grill or broil the jalapeños until the peppers are blackened on all sides. Peel the jalapeños and remove the stems and seeds.
- Combine jalapeños, cilantro, parsley, garlic, lime juice, red wine, vinegar, olive oil, and a bit of salt and pepper in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- To grill the steaks, first rub them with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill until medium rare, about 2 to 4 minutes on each side. When the interior temperature reaches 125 °F, they're done.
- Let the steaks cool about 5 minutes and slice.
- Serve with your sauce and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.