Growing up in my house, I always looked forward to Mexican food night.
Now as an adult, I am still constantly on the lookout for new and exciting recipes that will bring a little bit of spice to my dinner table. And I seem to have stumbled on the perfect dish!
In this exclusive video, you’ll see how you can make out-of-this-world chiles rellenos right in your own kitchen. These authentic stuffed poblano peppers are packed with so much flavor that I definitely will have to make them more than once.
I may even whip up a batch for my friends and family at my next get-together!
Scroll through below for a look at this easy-to-follow recipe, and then watch the video to see these yummy fried peppers being made.
- 4 large Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- Garlic, minced
- 4 large poblano peppers
- Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs
- Over heat, mix tomatoes, onions, lime juice, and garlic.
- Cut a "T" shape near the top of the poblano peppers and remove the seeds.
- Char and blacken the peppers for 5 to 7 minutes over the stove.
- Place peppers in a bowl, cover, and allow to steam and soften.
- Once the peppers have cooled, remove char with a knife.
- Stuff the peppers with cheese.
- Whip egg whites on high until you get a stiff peak.
- Add the yolks to the whites, and fold them in to create the batter.
- Cover each pepper with batter.
- Fry peppers for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drip off any excess oil.
- Serve fried peppers with homemade pico de gallo and enjoy!
Don't forget to print the recipe, and please SHARE with anyone who loves making Mexican food at home!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.