Chicken and waffles is the ultimate soul food that essentially combines two of the most delicious meals into one indulgent dish.
Traditionally served with crispy fried chicken atop warm fluffy waffles, this dish is best eaten with syrup or butter, making it into a messy affair.
But with a few simple ingredients and that waffle iron you probably have somewhere at home, you can make an easy bite-sized version of this delicious dish.
Nowadays, it seems like you can make a waffle out of just about anything: omelette waffles, mashed potato waffles and even ooey-gooey pizza waffles.
The same principal can actually be applied to chicken and waffles; all you need is some chicken chunks, batter, and your trusty waffle iron.
We’ve even taken the recipe one step further and made it portable — simply stick a bamboo skewer in there and you’ve got chicken and waffles on the go!
Check out our recipe below, then watch the video to see how it’s done. It will definitely give you a hankering for some crispy fried deliciousness!
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin chunks
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsps. milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 cups crushed cornflakes
- 4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2 tbsps. oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pour the crushed cornflakes in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add in the eggs, milk, salt and pepper, mix to combine.
- Coat the chicken chunks in the egg mixture then the cornflake mixture, and set the chunks on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken for about 14-18 minutes until it is cooked through.
- While the chicken is baking, combine the milk, Bisquick baking mix and oil in a mixing bowl.
- Once the chunks are cooked, add a skewer to each and dip into the batter.
- Place a chunk on each quarter of a waffle iron and cook until the batter is golden brown.
- Serve with syrup or your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.