If you’re gearing up to watch the big game (or any game, really), you know that snacks are a must.
After all, watching a game takes time, and that means you’re going to get hungry — especially if you’re using up energy with all the cheering and whooping.
But you don’t have to rely on store-bought snacks to have something savory, delicious, and satisfying. You can make your own snacks with simple, easy-to-get ingredients, and they won’t take all day to put together, either.
Plus, you’ll get the satisfaction of watching your friends and family enjoy a new treat. Just be warned: You might end up having to make these for every event!
These chicken pops use pretzels and Goldfish crackers for a flavorful crunch outside, while the inside stays juicy and tender.
And thanks to their skewers, you won’t have a mess on your hands, literally, while eating. Did we mention they’re also perfect for dipping?
They’re also more filling than your average snack, so you’ll feel full, satisfied, and less likely to mindlessly snack on empty calories. And that means you can indulge in some game-day cake afterward.
It’s a win-win… unlike the game you’ll be watching.
Watch the video and check out the recipe below to see how it’s done!
- 1 cup Goldfish crackers
- 1 cup Pretzels
1⁄3cup Plain Greek yogurt
1⁄2tsp. Garlic powder
- 2 lbs. (about 14) Chicken tenders
- 4 Tbsps. Unsalted butter
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt with salt and garlic powder and stir.
- Pour Goldfish crackers and pretzels into a Ziploc back and seal.
- Crush crackers and pretzels with a rolling pin until fine. Pour onto a wide, flat dish.
- Skewer chicken tenders lengthwise with bamboo skewers. For best results, soak the skewers in water for about 20 minutes before using.
- Melt butter in the baking pan, and tilt the pan to fully coat its surface.
- Using a spatula, coat the chicken with the yogurt mixture, then press into the crushed cracker and pretzel mix.
- Lay the coated chicken pops on the greased baking pan.
- Bake at 450 °F for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.