During this time of the year, with cold and crisp weather finally upon us, we love nothing more than hunkering down at home with good company and delicious food!
It’s not that we won’t miss summer nights, but there’s something equally satisfying as spending the night cozily inside with our family or very dearest friends, enjoying a hot mug of apple cider, and tucking into some good old-fashioned comfort food.
That’s part of the reason we’re so keen on breaking out our very favorite fall classics, like these savory, Southern cooking-inspired chicken and waffle pops.
There’s just something extra-satisfying about having something warm and melty (preferably with cheese!) to nosh on when the nights turn frosty.
That’s part of the reason we’re so enthusiastic about a fresh and flavorful new take on a comfort food classic — our cheesy garlic pull-apart bread!
This scrumptious and satisfying side dish pairs perfectly with a grown-up meal, like roasted veggies and a glass of red wine, or works great as a fresh out-of-the-oven after-school snack for the kiddos!
Print out the recipe below to try this tasty dish for yourself!
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 8 Tbsps. butter
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- 1 8 oz. wheel of brie cheese, rind removed
- Parsley, chopped
- Cut the top off of the whole bulb of garlic without removing the peel, and set on square of tinfoil.
- Pour lemon juice over the open end, then balance a 1 Tbsp. pat of butter on top.
- Wrap foil around the top and twist to seal shut.
- Bake 45 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, take loaf of sourdough bread and cut deeply across the top, making a crosshatch pattern.
- Melt remaining butter over medium heat.
- Remove roasted garlic and add it to the melted butter, cook until softened garlic melts into buttery paste.
- Spoon garlic paste into the cuts in the sourdough.
- Wedge a piece of brie into each cut.
- Wrap the whole loaf in foil, and bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove foil and bake 10 additional minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.