There’s nothing like a classic late breakfast consisting of bacon, egg, and cheese on a leisurely weekend morning. Or early afternoon, if that’s how you roll!
The possibilities for combining these ingredients are endless, and so are all the things you can add in for extra flavor. And out of all those possibilities? They’re all delicious!
We’ve shown you how to make delicious bacon and egg muffins right in your muffin tin before, but this recipe is even easier, and perfect if you’re looking for something with less carbs, too. It also uses Canadian bacon as a tasty alternative to classic bacon.
And while these cheesy, eggy cups of goodness look fancy and complicated, they’re actually quite simple and only require five ingredients — unless, of course, you want to get advanced and add in some extra flavor!
That’s the other good thing about this recipe: It’s versatile. You can make these plain and simple, or you can go to town by adding extra cheese, vegetables, or anything you like, really. There are so many great options!
Scroll through below for a look at this simple dish, and then watch the video to see this amazing Canadian bacon cup recipe in action.
- 12 slices Canadian bacon
- 6 large eggs
1⁄2cup Colby-Jack cheese, shredded
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Scallions, chopped (for garnish)
- Line each cup of the muffin tin with two slices of Canadian bacon. Cutting a slit in the slices will help them lie flatter.
- Break an egg into each cup.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add an equal amount of shredded cheese on top of each cup.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 °F.
- Top with scallions (or whatever you want!), and enjoy.
Be sure to print the recipe, and SHARE with anyone who loves brunch!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.