When it comes to snacking, our cheddar cheese cups are clearly the big winners. Tasty and savory, they’re the perfect game day snack for enjoying with friends and family. And they couldn’t have come at a better time!
This is the most exciting time of the year if you’re a fan of awesome sporting events. And if you’re planning on watching big games with a whole bunch of your closest pals, this is the recipe you need.
A high-stakes game just isn’t the same without all the elaborate special-occasion snacks, like this classic football-shaped spinach dip. We love any excuse to indulge in something extra tasty. No matter which team you’re rooting for, we can all get on board with yummy pregame snacks.
These cheddar cheese cups are a great example. They’re almost impossibly easy to make (just melt some cheese!), and they taste awesome with a spoonful of dip or a salad inside.
Print out the recipe to try making these for your own game day festivities!
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Filling of your choice
- Sour cream (optional)
- Fry about 1 Tbsp. of cheddar cheese at a time on a greased skillet for 45 seconds, until melted and slightly crisped.
- Lift cheese off skillet with spatula while still hot, and lower into a greased muffin tin. Push cheese down into muffin tin so it takes on the form of the cup.
- Repeat with remaining cheese or until all cups are filled. Let cool.
- Remove cheese from muffin tin and fill each cup with salad or other filling. Drizzle with sour cream if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.