If you ask people what their favorite food is, I bet a good portion of them would say the same thing: pizza.
Honestly, what’s not to love about pizza? It’s cheesy, crispy, and delicious. Plus, it comes in so many flavors and styles! From deep dish to thin crust, pepperoni to mushrooms — almost everyone loves some sort of pizza.
As much as I may try to convince myself otherwise, pizza is, in fact, not very healthy. One easy way to make this incredible food a little healthier? Swap out the crust!
Instead of using a traditional flour-based crust, try using a cauliflower crust.
I know what you might be thinking: “Cauliflower? For pizza crust? You’re crazy!” And I don’t blame you — that’s what I thought at first too.
But when cauliflower is ground up and the water is drained, it can be a delicious substitute for starches like pasts, rice, and yes, even pizza crust.
Just by grinding up a head of cauliflower and combining it with a few simple ingredients, you can turn this vegetable into a tasty alternative for flour-based pizza crust!
Still skeptical? Just check out the recipe and video below — once you see how delicious it looks, you’ll be convinced to try it. Ready to test it out? Print out the recipe card below and make it at home!
- 1 head Cauliflower, chopped (5-6 cups)
- 1 cup Grated parmesan
1⁄2tsp. Dried Italian seasoning
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
1⁄2tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 Egg
1⁄2cups Shredded low-moisture mozzarella
1⁄2cup Marinara sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Add cauliflower to food processor, pulse until finely ground.
- Pour cauliflower onto a kitchen towel or cheese cloth.
- Squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the cauliflower.
- Put cauliflower, parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, black pepper, and egg to a bowl. Mix together.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush parchment paper generously with olive oil.
- Spread cauliflower into 12-inch wide circle.
- Bake cauliflower crust for 15-18 minutes, or until it is barely golden.
- Put sauce, cheese, and pepperoni onto crust.
- Put pizza back into oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.