Jennifer and Sonia were enjoying their Fourth of July away from their Lakewood, Washington, home when the unthinkable happened.
Upon their arrival to their apartment, the women saw orange flames coming from their building and yellow tape everywhere. Knowing their two cats were still inside, the women were frantic and wanted nothing more than to save their babies.
“We found out Sierra was the only cat to make it out of the building; she was at an emergency vet,” Jennifer writes. “We did not know where Anna was and we’re not permitted to look for her in the unit.”
But Jennifer was not going to sit and wait knowing her cat could be hiding in their apartment scared and sick from the smoke.
As you’ll see in the clip below, Jennifer is in utter shock upon walking up to her building, which has debris all over the place. “Oh my God,” Jennifer says in the footage. “My heart is beating so fast.”
That’s when the faintest meow can be heard, causing Jennifer to drop to the ground. “I went to look under the couch, sure she would be there dead,” she writes about her cat. “Remarkably, we heard a weak meow and she was untouched under the couch.”
Jennifer starts yelling for her cat, Anna, to get her out from underneath the furniture. Thankfully, the two are reunited.
Sonia and Jennifer have set up a GoFundMe page to raise money for new household items, as well as hotel costs until their new unit is ready. You can click here if you’d like to donate.
Please SHARE this story on Facebook to help Jennifer and Sonia!
Footage provided by Jennifer Valentin
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.