There are very few desserts that are as delicious as homemade apple pie.
But now, I may just have stumbled upon the perfect way to make an entire slab of apple pie, all at one time.
This caramel apple pie slab is not only easy to make, but the results are truly delicious. And with a whole tray of dessert, there will be plenty to go around at my next party!
Check out the recipe below to see just how fun it can be to whip up one of these yummy desserts in your own home.
Then, watch our exclusive video to see the recipe in action. You may just change the way you bake homemade apple pie for good!
- 8 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 6 pie crusts
1⁄4cup dark Karo syrup
- 4 oz. condensed milk
1⁄4cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- In mixing bowl, combine apples, flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Let apples sit for 15 minutes.
- Line 11"x15" pan with 3 pie crusts.
- Top with apple slices.
- Cover with 3 additional pie crusts.
- Bake at 425 °F for 45 minutes.
- Over medium heat, stir Karo syrup, condensed milk, 1/4 cup sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and butter until thickened.
- Cover baked apple slab with caramel, and let sit for 1 hour.
- Slice, serve with ice cream, and enjoy!
Will you be trying this twist on traditional apple pie? Let us know in the comments.
Please SHARE this delicious dessert recipe with friends and family!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.