Breakfast is an important and delicious meal that few of us make the proper time for.
However, when I do have the time to treat myself to a scrumptious morning meal, I don’t want to eat the same boring old dish.
That’s why I love new and exciting breakfast recipes — like this egg-in-a-hole grilled cheese sandwich!
In an exclusive video below, we put a spin on one of the most classic egg breakfast dishes: eggs Benedict.
It takes cues from the caprese salad, an simple Italian salad with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil.
This recipe still keeps true to how eggs Benedict are usually enjoyed, and calls for a simple hollandaise sauce, which can be whipped up with just three ingredients.
Be sure to let us know your favorite breakfast egg dishes, and share whatever tips and tricks that you might have when you make your delicious eggs Benedict!
Check out the recipe below, then scroll down to play the video for the full tutorial.
Let us know if you’ll be trying out this fantastic breakfast recipe in the comments below!
- 2 English muffins, lightly toasted
- 2 slices mozzarella
- 2 slices tomato
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 6 basil leaves
1⁄4tsp. cayenne 1⁄4tsp. salt 1⁄4tsp. pepper
- Melted butter
- Place a bowl over a saucepan with boiling water.
- To make hollandaise sauce, combine egg yolks, melted butter, and 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice in the bowl. Stir well with whisk.
- Add salt, pepper, and cayenne into egg mixture. Combine with whisk.
- Poach eggs to desired degree of doneness.
- On a plate, stack English muffins, mozzarella and tomato slices, and poached eggs.
- Top with hollandaise sauce, and basil leaves. Serve warm, and enjoy!
Please SHARE if you will be recreating this caprese-style eggs Benedict dish for breakfast!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.